CYSA is proud to offer two - $750.00 scholarships to graduating seniors who want to pursue college or higher education. Seniors from Cumberland High School, Bishop Feehan or Mount Saint Charles may apply. See below for the instructions. Applications must be submitted by May 23, 2014.
All information will be reviewed by the Scholarship Selection Committee and will be kept confidential. The recipients will be chosen without prejudice as to sex, race, creed and/or origin.
- The Applicant must be a graduating senior that has participated as a player in the Cumberland Youth Soccer League.
- The applicant must be presently active in CYSA as a player, referee, Top Soccer Program Buddy, coach or league volunteer.
- The applicants must demonstrate plans to further their education at a college or university; business or technical school; junior college or vocational school.
Procedures and Requirements:
1. Applications may be obtained by clicking here , or from the guidance office at Cumberland High School, Bishop Feehan High School, and Mount Saint Charles High School.
2. All applications must be completed and received no later than May 23, 2014.
3. Applications should be mailed to:
Cumberland Youth Soccer Association
P.O. Box 7625
Cumberland, RI 02864
4. Applicants who are chosen as finalists may be asked to appear for an interview.
5. Scholarships are payable upon proof of completion of first semester academics.
6. All applicants must submit the following:
- Letter of graduate status signed by the principal or guidance counselor.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a CYSA director or CYSA coach (past or present).
- Completed application.